CIPHERED TELEGRAM, RAZUVAEV TO STALIN REPORTING MESSAGE FROM KIM IL SUNGCITATION SHARE DOWNLOAD
get citationTelegram from Amb. Rauvaev to Stalin reporting on the changes planned in the structure of the KPA, per Stalin's telegram of 30 January"Ciphered telegram, Razuvaev to Stalin Reporting Message from Kim Il Sung" February 04, 1951, History and Public Policy Program Digital Archive, APRF, Fond 45, Opis 1, Delo 348, Listy 25-26 and AVPRF, Fond 059a, Opis 5a, Delo 3, Papka 11, Listy 199-200 http://digitalarchive.wilsoncenter.org/document/110359
VIEW DOCUMENT IN
CIPHERED TELEGRAM No. 500361/sh
From Correspondent 20 Sent 4.2.51 14:35
Received 4.2. 15:10
Sent to the 8th Administration of the General
Staff of the Soviet Army 4.2 15:25
To Comrade FYN-SI [Stalin].
To No. 4/854 and No. 81/sh.
KIM IL SUNG and the Korean comrades discussed your telegram about the composition of forces of the Korean People's Army and arrived at the following conclusion:
1. To raise the battle readiness of the troops and to improve their quality, it is necessary to lower the number of army administrations and the number of divisions.
2. To produce the decrease in army administrations and divisions by increasing the three army administrations from Manchuria.
To reduce: two army administrations;
four pd [infantry divisions]: 2nd army - 27th and 31st pd, 5th army - 43rd pd, one pd by increasing 8th army
3. To temporarily keep naval brigades for the defense of bases and coastline. To strengthen the naval brigades to significantly reduce VMU [ battle friction that results from being understrength]; the sailor school and apparatus of naval command.
4. To carry out further reductions after the next operation, which will begin February 7-13, 1951.
5. To have the total number of army units and divisions be within the numerical limits that you recommended.
Copies: Stalin (2), Vasilevsky, Shtemenko,
File of 8th Administration