DECISION OF THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF ROMANIA ON THE APPLICATION OF THE AGREEMENT CONCLUDED IN MOSCOW ON MAY 24, 1958 ESTABLISHING THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE SOVIET TROOPS FROM ROMANIACITATION SHARE DOWNLOAD
get citation"Decision of the Council of Ministers of the People's Republic of Romania on the application of the Agreement concluded in Moscow on May 24, 1958 establishing the withdrawal of the Soviet troops from Romania" June 21, 1958, History and Public Policy Program Digital Archive, Archives of the Ministry of National Defense, Documentation Fund, No. G63a/1958, pp. 2-3. See also România. Retragerea trupelor sovietice. 1958 [Romania, Withdrawal of Soviet Troops. 1958], Editura Didactica si Pedagogica R.A., Bucharest, 1996 (coordinating editor: Prof. Ioan Scurtu, Ph.D.), pp. 342-344. http://digitalarchive.wilsoncenter.org/document/110455
VIEW DOCUMENT IN
Decision of the Council of Ministers of the People's Republic of Romania on the application of the Agreement concluded in Moscow on May 24, 1958 establishing the withdrawal of the Soviet troops from Romania
With a view to enforcing the Agreement concluded in Moscow on May 24, 1958, concerning the departure of the Soviet troops temporarily stationed on the territory of the Romanian People's Republic.
The Council of Ministers of the Romanian People's Republic resolves:
1. Institution of a Central Commission formed of:
• Chairman: Lieutenant-General Arhip Floca, deputy of the Minister of Armed Forces;
• Members: Delegates of the Central Committee of the Romanian Workers' Party, the State Planning Committee, the Ministry of Finances, the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications and the Ministry for the Questions of the Local Bodies of State Administration.
2. The Central Commission shall organize and control, together with the representatives of the Soviet Army, the following questions:
• organization in the territory of various political events;
• takeover of the assets put at the disposal of Soviet troops;
• conveyance of Soviet troops and security of transportation echelons.
3. Regional commissions are created for the following administrative regions: Constanta, Galati, Timisoara, Ploiesti and Jassy on whose territory are stationed Soviet troops or for the border points where transportation echelons are leaving the Romanian People's Republic.
The Regional Commission shall be composed of a delegate of the Ministry of Armed Forces as chairman, and of delegates of the Regional Committee of the RWP, the Executive Committee of the Regional People's Council and of the Regional Directorate of the Railways System, as members.
The Regional Commissions shall apply the dispositions of the Central Committee on the territory of the respective administrative region.
For the takeover of assets, commissions will be organized by garrisons, their number and composition varying according to the materials to be received.
4. According to the Agreement concluded in Moscow on May 24, 1958, the departure of Soviet troops from the People's Republic of Romania will take place over the period June 15-August 15, 1958.
The Ministry of Armed Forces and the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications will provide the conveyance of Soviet troops by train.
5. The Ministry of Armed Forces shall take over with legal documents the assets used by the Soviet troops, in the condition they are at the moment of departure, irrespective of the fact that they had belonged to other owners as well.
Mention shall be made also of the value of the assets built by Soviet troops and which are to be handed over.
6. The assets taken over will be placed under military care and custody, and the Central Commission will submit to the Council of Ministers proposals for their distribution, as soon as possible after their handing over.
7. The Ministry of Armed Forces shall specify the value of investments and capital repairs stipulated in its plan for 1958 for the Soviet troops and made up to May 23, 1958, to be subsequently discounted.
Chairman of the Council of Ministers
(ss) Chivu Stoica
Bucharest, June 21, 1958
Translated by Delia Razdolescu