CPSU CC DECREE, MAY 1980CITATION SHARE DOWNLOAD
get citationThe decree discusses Soviet cooperation with the Sandinistas in the areas of radio communications and combating illiteracy."CPSU CC Decree, May 1980" May, 1980, History and Public Policy Program Digital Archive, Source not available – CWIHP collection. http://digitalarchive.wilsoncenter.org/document/112868
VIEW DOCUMENT IN
COUNCIL OF MINISTERS OF THE USSR
from __ May 1980 Moscow, Kremlin
I. Ministry of education of the USSR together with [GEKS] has to send in 1980-1981 years to Nicaragua 15 instructors-methodists, who have experience of work abroad and speak Spanish language, for organization of work to liquidate illiteracy.
Establish for the leader of the group of Soviet specialists non-currency payroll according to the U group of the schemes of payroll in non-currency of Soviet specialists, sent abroad for technical assistance, and instructors-methodists -- according to UI group of scheme.
2. Ministry of trade has to allot on the account of the market funds for delivery as a gift to Nicaragua notebooks and pencils, 500 thousand pieces in the second and the third quarters and 500 thousand pieces -- in the fourth quarter of 1980 year.
Ministry of paper production and Council of Ministers of RSFR have to produce given above quantity of notebooks and pencils.
3. Ministry of radio production has to allot, produce and ship in 1980 year as a gift to Nicaragua I thousand radios type "Sokol" in tropical design.
4. Ministry of external trade has to provide shipment to Nicaragua pencils, notebooks and radios, mentioned in #'s 2 and 3 of this decree, and [MGA] has to fulfill shipment of specialists and cargo to Nicaragua, mentioned in #Is 1, 2 and 3 of this decree, by Airflot planes on the rout Moscow-Managua with a pay
in soviet rubles.
5. Expenses, connected with production and delivery of notebooks, pencils and radios, as well as commanding of 15 instructors-methodists for one year, including rouble equivalent of currency expenses, refer to the account of assignments of State budget for free help to the foreign states, and in currency -- to the account of currency fund of [GKES].
6. Ministry of foreign affairs of the USSR has to inform the government of Nicaragua about the measures taken by the USSR for providing the help to Nicaragua side in conducting an operation to liquidate illiteracy.
Chairman of Council of Ministers