President Rhee briefly comments on his New Year address and acknowledges the difficulties of South Vietnam's Chinese minority issue.
January 4, 1957
CDS Report No. 30 from Choi Duk Shin to the President (Syngman Rhee)
This document was made possible with support from Syngman Rhee Institute, Yonsei University
Choi Duk Shin reports on recent South Vietnamese affairs, including the election of Vice-President Nguyen-Ngoc Tho, and the current political environment of South East Asian countries.
- China--Foreign relations--Taiwan
- Taiwan--International status
- Laos--History--20th century
- Cambodia--Foreign relations--Korea (South)
- Korea (South)--Foreign relations--Vietnam (Republic)
- Anti-communist movements--Korea (South)
- Anti-communist movements--Thailand
- Korea (South)--Foreign relations--Thailand
- Anti-communist movements--Malaysia
- Vietnam (Republic)--Politics and government
- Korea (South)--Foreign relations--Taiwan
- Korea (South)--Foreign relations--Malaysia
- Laos--Politics and government
- Korea (South)--Foreign relations--Laos
- Cambodia--Politics and government--1953-1970
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].