April 29, 1993
Memorandum for Marc Grossman from William H. Itoh, 'Presidential Memcons with Presidents Walesa, Iliescu, and Zhelev'
This document was made possible with support from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY)
Clinton and Walesa discuss U.S.-Polish relations and steps their countries could take to coordinate policy vis-a-vis Russia. (Clinton's memcons with Iliescu and Zhelev were withheld during declassification in September 2019.)
- Poland--Foreign relations--United States
- Ukraine--Foreign relations--United States
- Russia--Foreign relations--United States
- Poland--Foreign relations--Russia
- Ukraine--Politics and government--1991-
- Poland--Politics and government--1989-
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization--Membership
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization--Poland
- Russia--Politics and government--1994-2001
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].