Congressman Murphy introduces Isa Yusuf Alptekin on the House floor, describing him as an "eloquent defender of freedom."
March 10, 1970
Memorandum for President Nixon from Kissinger, "The Current Status of Brandt's Ostpolitik"
This document was made possible with support from Leon Levy Foundation
A memorandum for President Nixon from National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger on the current status of West German Chancellor Willy Brandt's "Ostpolitik" or Eastern Policy, which sought to normalize relations between West Germany and the communist countries.
Associated People & Organizations
- Berlin (Germany)--International status
- Warsaw Treaty Organization
- German reunification question (1949-1990)
- Potsdam Conference (1945)
- Germany (West)--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
- Germany (West)--Foreign relations--Poland
- Germany (East)--Foreign relations--Germany (West)
- Border security--Germany
- Communist countries--Foreign relations--Germany (West)
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].
Original Uploaded Date