July 29, 1989
National Intelligence Daily for Saturday, 29 July 1989
The CIA’s National Intelligence Daily for 29 July 1989 describes the latest developments in Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Honduras, Cambodia, the Soviet Union, China, Chile, Sri Lanka, India, and Panama.
Associated People & Organizations
- Nuclear weapons--North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (1987)
- Soviet Union--Foreign relations--Vietnam (Democratic Republic)
- Cambodia--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
- Cambodian-Vietnamese Conflict, 1977-1991
- Soviet Union--Armed Forces
- India--Foreign relations--Sri Lanka
- Organization of American States
- China--Politics and government--1976-2002
- United Nations--Soviet Union
- Soviet Union--Military relations
- Lebanon--Foreign relations--Syria
- Israel--Foreign relations--Lebanon
- Soviet Union--Politics and government--1985-1991
- Panama--Foreign relations--United States
- Honduras--Foreign relations--United States
- Chile--Politics and government
Approved for Release by the Central Intelligence Agency, June 3, 1999, Document #0000258719. Contributed by Mark Kramer.
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].
Original Uploaded Date