An analysis of the Catholic Church's legalization as an effort to boost the Party's popular support.
May 18, 1989
National Intelligence Daily for Thursday, 18 May 1989
The CIA's National Intelligence Daily for 18 May 1989 describes the latest developments in China, the Soviet Union, Ethiopia, Panama, El salvador, Venezuela, West Germany, Bolivia, Poland, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Philippines.
Associated People & Organizations
- China--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
- China--History--Tiananmen Square Incident, 1989
- China--Foreign economic relations--Soviet Union
- China--Politics and government--1976-2002
- Philippines--Politics and government--1946-
- Anti-communist movements--China
- Youth--China--History--20th century
- Philippines--Foreign relations--United States
- Poland--Politics and government--1980-1989
- TWA Flight 847 Hijacking Incident, 1985
- Kidnapping victims--Lebanon
- Germany (West)--Foreign relations--Lebanon
- Panama--Foreign relations--United States
- Ethiopia--Politics and government--1974-1991
- Panama--Politics and government
- El Salvador--Politics and government
- Venezuela--Politics and government
- Bolivia--Politics and government
- Iran--Foreign relations--Saudi Arabia
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].