An analysis of the Timisoara and Arad protests and their effect on Ceausescu's rule.
December 19, 1989
National Intelligence Daily for Tuesday, 19 December 1989
The CIA’s National Intelligence Daily for Tuesday, 19 December 1989 describes the latest developments in USSR, Western Europe, Taiwan and the UK.
- Great Britain--Foreign policy
- Hungary--Foreign relations--Romania
- Lithuania--History--Autonomy and independence movements
- Europe, Eastern--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
- Czechoslovakia--Politics and government--1989-1992
- Romania--Politics and government--1989-
- Soviet Union--Politics and government--1985-1991
- Taiwan--Economic policy
Approved for Release by the Central Intelligence Agency, December 11, 2013, Document #0005504208. Contributed by Mark Kramer.
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].
Original Uploaded Date