A "slow but articulate" Mao discuss nuclear weapons testing, Taiwan, and the Lin Biao affair with E.G. Whitlam.
October 31, 1973
Record of Conversation with Premier Zhou Enlai and Prime Minister E.G. Whitlam
Australian Prime Minister Whitlam offers Zhou Enlai an overview of his country's foreign policy interests. Analyzing the international relations among key nations in East and Southeast Asia.
- Taiwan--International status
- Australia--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
- Australia--Foreign relations--United States
- Australia--Foreign relations--Vietnam (Republic)
- China--Foreign relations--South Africa
- Australia--Foreign relations--China
- Portugal-- Colonies-- Africa
- Australia--Foreign relations--Vietnam (Democratic Republic)
- Australia--Foreign relations--Portugal
- Australia--Foreign relations--South Africa
- Australia--Foreign relations--New Zealand
- Australia--Foreign relations--Great Britain
National Archives of Australia (NAA), A1838, 3107/38 PART 14.
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].
Original Uploaded Date
Memorandum of Conversation