CIPHERED TELEGRAM, MAO ZEDONG TO FILIPPOV (STALIN) CONVEYING 30 JUNE 1951 MESSAGE FROM KIM IL SUNG TO MAOCITATION SHARE DOWNLOAD
get citationKim Il Sung’s message to Mao Zedong communicates Kim’s requirements for a peace proposal."Ciphered telegram, Mao Zedong to Filippov (Stalin) conveying 30 June 1951 message from Kim Il Sung to Mao," July 03, 1951, History and Public Policy Program Digital Archive, APRF, Fond 45, Opis 1, Delo 339, Listy 6-7. http://digitalarchive.wilsoncenter.org/document/113005
VIEW DOCUMENT IN
SECOND MAIN ADMINISTRATION OF THE GENERAL STAFF OF THE SOVIET ARMY
CIPHERED TELEGRAM No. 21404
Copies: Stalin (2)
From BEIJING Received 12:10 3.7.1951
SERIES "G" T
To Comrade FILIPPOV [Stalin]
Telegram of Comrade KIM IL SUNG.
"Comrade MAO ZEDONG!
I propose to create our delegation with a composition of three persons: chief of general staff of the People's Army of Korea NAM IL (head of the delegation), deputy minister of foreign affairs PAK DON CHO and one representative from the volunteer troops.
During the meeting of representatives of both sides we propose to advance the following points:
1. Beginning from a certain day and hour (according to Pyongyang time) both sides must cease fire and all other military operations.
2. Beginning from a certain day the troops of both sides must within three days withdraw from the 38th parallel for a distance of 10 km and create a buffer zone in that region.
3. Both sides must cease the transfer of land, naval and air forces across the 38th parallel.
4. Withdraw all foreign ships from the territorial waters of North Korea and liquidate the blockage of the sea coast north of the 38th parallel.
5. In the course of two months from the day of the ceasefire all foreign land, naval and air forces will withdraw from Korea.
6. In the course of two months from the day of the ceasefire an exchange of prisoners will be conducted.
7. The civilian population forcefully taken by the American and Rhee Syngmann troops from regions north of the 38th parallel must be returned.
I ask you urgently to give an answer after familiarizing yourself with the telegram.
KIM IL SUNG 30.6.1951."