September 20, 1972
Bulgarian Politburo decision on Intelligence Activity Against China
BCP CC Politburo approves the request of the Minister of Internal Affairs, Angel Tzanev, for an increase in the intelligence staff in response to the need for expanding intelligence operations in China, Albania, Romania, Yugoslavia and Vietnam – a move closely coordinated with the KGB.
- Romania--Foreign relations
- Communist countries--Internal relations
- Communist countries
- Bulgarian Communist Party. Central Committee
- Intelligence operations
- Soviet Union. Committee for State Security (KGB)
- Intelligence service--Bulgaria
- Tsanev, Angel
- Bulgaria. Committee for State Security (KDS)
- Soviet Union--Foreign policy
- Intelligence service--Soviet Union
- Bulgaria--Foreign relations--Yugoslavia
- Bulgaria--Foreign relations--Communist countries
- Sino-Soviet Split
- Bulgaria--Foreign relations--Soviet Union
The History and Public Policy Program welcomes reuse of Digital Archive materials for research and educational purposes. Some documents may be subject to copyright, which is retained by the rights holders in accordance with US and international copyright laws. When possible, rights holders have been contacted for permission to reproduce their materials.
To enquire about this document's rights status or request permission for commercial use, please contact the History and Public Policy Program at [email protected].